Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Life is crazy!

A few updates will be included in this post.

* April 8, 2014 - My biological father has been released from prison.  I went to sleep shortly after learning about this, and guess who didn't have a nightmare!  I hope he has finally learned his lesson, and that he doesn't hurt anyone else.  I hope that he does well, and that I never have to see him again.  I am amazed at how HEALED I feel...I don't like him, but I've actually grown past the hate.  The parole hearing, visiting the apartment where the abuse occurred, and everything else...I'm finally over it!  Yeah, my heart skipped a beat when I learned he was released.  But that's it.  I didn't cry, I didn't have a nightmare, and I am not afraid of him. 

It's about freaking time!

* I interviewed today for a part time clerical job, through a temp. agency.  I was honest and let my friend, who referred me there and did the interview process, know that if I get the work from home opportunity that I applied for that I'll be taking that...it pays more, and the commute is awesome (work from couch, anyone?!)  But I also think I'll be an amazing fit doing this clerical work, so we'll see if I get it.

* I am one of two people who will be interviewing to be a graveyard shift lead at my job (my full time juvenile corrections one).  The other person who is interviewing is someone I respect, and so if I lose to them I won't be sad.  I do want the promotion, but at least it's someone I like and adore that would get it if I don't.

* My husband is still unemployed, but he has been actively pursuing all opportunities that he qualifies for.  He even applied to be a security guard.  I hope that we hear back from a job, ANY job, soon.  I love my husband, and am grateful that he's not dicking around and will be employed soon.  But it is stressful, and I know that he will feel better when he's back to work.

* I am getting the part time job so that I can apply that income to my student loans.  I want to get on top of that, and hopefully find a way to either consolidate the loans...1 payment would be AWESOME. 

I can't believe it's 5am and I'm awake right now, but I am...so I guess I'll finish installing programs, since I just had to reformat my computer.  Once I get V off to school then I'll take a nap.  Sounds like a plan.

Exciting life I lead, eh?













No comments:

Post a Comment