Sunday, May 25, 2014

Update

My hubby did get a job about a month ago, but he's miserable working there.  It's not horrible, but it's a call center agent job and he's just not happy there.  Hopefully he can advance quickly, but we're really holding out hope that he gets the job with a money exchange company that pays $7ish more an hour than he's currently making.  I'm proud of D for getting a job, even if it's not the money we were hoping for.  It's better than nothing, and I'm glad he's not sitting idly while waiting for opportunity to come along.

V has been sick since Wednesday, but he's finally getting through the worse of it.  He has to be on antibiotics because of a bacterial infection, but his glands have gone down...his voice is sounding better...and he's coughing a lot less.  It's also been 2 days since he had a fever.  Glad he's getting better.  It sucks when kids are sick because I can't give them the medicine that helps me feel better, and when they're miserable it just makes me feel hopeless.

G is going to be spending time with his mom today, and that'll be nice.  I'm proud of his mom for working so hard on her sobriety, and for working hard to repair the bridges that were burned during the dark period of her life.  Hope he has a good time with the activities he does today.

H has lost a couple teeth and looks utterly adorable with her smile.  She's cute all the time, but the missing teeth just add to it.  She's coming to my place next weekend and I can't wait to have some girly time.  I'm working on having a stronger girly bond with my stepdaughter.  :-)

I have been at my job for almost 1 year.  Blows my mind that it's been a year since I left my last job.  I love working in juvenile corrections, especially as I'm being trained on more and more things that give me more responsibilities.  It's a wonderful feeling to know that I am being trained for a career advancement, and I'll just try for the next position that comes available.  :-)

There.  Word dump done.  Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment