Saturday, January 25, 2014

Daily Rumblings...

I've not had much sleep.  Partially my fault, but I gotta do what I've gotta do.  I'll go to sleep for a few more hours before work (in a little bit).

D took the car in and got the brakes replaced, and we were informed that one of our rotors is close to the point of needing to be replaced.  We only had the exact amount needed to get brake pads and calipers replaced, so here in the near future we'll figure out fundage to get the rotor(s) replaced.  I am thankful that there is a reputable shop, just down the road from us, that has given us great deals (and amazing customer service) so that we were able to get our tires and brakes done at prices that are as fantastic as getting expensive things replaced can be.

Some momentary shit hit an oscillating fan earlier, too...but my hubby and I figured out a solution, put it into action, and within 6 hours of shit hitting the fan we were back up and running.  This is one of the reasons that I adore my husband - we never do things alone, when it comes to situations that are both of our responsibilities, and together we come up with the solution.  I won't share what it was, because those who need to know do know, and everyone else can just be left in the dark.  AAAHHHH...vagueness.  Awesome stuff, ain't it!?

I also have a dear friend who, after fighting tooth and nail to save her relationship, informed her husband today that she has filed for divorce.  I am amazed at her strength and resolve, but she feels like the bad guy right now.  I reminded her that she sought out religious support, attempted to get counseling, came up with solutions (that didn't really make her happy, but made it less horrible), and yet her husband seemed to find ways to make none of it seem to matter.  I am so insanely proud of her for gathering the strength to leave, even if the timing seems like crap, because she is looking out for the safety and health of her and their son.  So to my friend, who if she reads this will know it's her, YOU ARE A ROCKSTAR!  I know it sucks joining the group of 20 something and divorced (becoming a single parent sucks, but it is NOT the end of the world).  I was 19 when I got married, 20 when I had my son (V), and 21 when I left my ex husband.  It forces you to grow up in a way you didn't think existed, but I have every faith in you.  You've got this!

One last thing - Depression is so weird.  Financial struggles, friend going through hard time, shit hitting the fan...yet I'm feeling less depressed today than I did a few days ago.  That is what tells me that I really should look into the medication because I'm sad when I should be happy, and fine when I could be depressed (and have reasoning to back it up).  I'm not looking to the medication as a way to slap a smile on my face and fake being happy, but as a way to make me more balanced.  I hope that the medication makes my dark days less dark, happen less often, and helps me have more bright days ahead.

Thanks for reading.  Until next time - these are the days of my life.  *boingyoingyoingyoingyoing*

No comments:

Post a Comment