Friday, January 24, 2014

Money is a necessary evil. DAMMIT!

December brought about financial stress because our car was in desperate need of new tires.  When I couldn't get up the driveway after a snow storm, my husband and I just knew we had to get these tires.  It cut into what we had planned on doing for Christmas, but somehow we managed to have a pretty decent Christmas after spending $300 on a few new tires.

Now we have January - at the beginning of this month we noticed our brakes were doing funny noises.  We figured that meant that we have a little bit before we need to worry about replacing them (tax return!), but as the weeks have gone by it's just getting worse and worse.  So we have an appointment set for tomorrow (that's the soonest the parts will be available) to get our brakes replaced.  We're looking at $240ish (brakes, pads, calipers, labor, all that).  Not bad, price wise, but seriously...that'll leave us $15 until NEXT Friday.  We're almost out of milk, and other necessities, but we HAVE GOT TO get our brakes replaced.  *sigh*

Here is hoping we get the final W2's we're waiting for, and soon.  We have a windshield to replace, car to register, teeth to fix, bills to pay...*sigh*

Positive note, so that it doesn't appear that all I ever post is whining - I've got an A in my Multicultural Psychology class.  I still have a few weeks left of the course, but I'm doing really well so far.  WOOO...

No comments:

Post a Comment