Sunday, February 16, 2014

(insert expletives)

On the 13th my husband and I were told that we can move into another apartment, since ours really needs all new plumbing.  Ok.  We can deal with that.

We were told that we could start moving into new apartment on the 18th.  Needing to be out by the 19th.  Fine.  We can deal with that.

Water leak is back, and has started soaking carpet all the way into the living room...I call the landlord to see when it would be possible to get the keys to the new place, so that we can avoid water damage to our stuff.  We are informed that the cupboards have not been installed in the new place, and there is painting needing to be done, and blah blah blah...the landlord tried to tell me I can't move until Thursday.

WHAT!?!?!?  I am off Tuesday and Wednesday, and I work graves...and so me trying to do the moving on a day that I then have to stay awake all night is NOT my idea of okay.  So I bitch to the landlord that I NEED to move on Wednesday at the latest.  So they said they can get cupboards installed, and painting done, and cleaning done on Tuesday.  We just won't have our carpets cleaned until after we move in (which is FINE...I'll be just fine with the cleaners just cleaning around the stuff we put in there, as long as the vacuuming is done).

Now I've gotta figure a way to not have any of our furniture damaged by water, as it seeps more and more into the living room (they'll be here tomorrow to fix the leak, again...)...and then I have to figure out how to pack and clean (they want us to leave the place as clean as we can...in a short move, short time, and yea...I'm freaking THRILLED)...

I'm so done.  I love the community I live in, and I realize that pipes get old and stuff.  But a quick move, an almost constant water leak, and all that...I'm so over this!

And I'm freaking tired.

@$%RTYER^!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment