Sunday, February 23, 2014

*sigh*

We're all moved in, though the unpacking is proving to be quite the daunting task.  I can't believe my apartment management only gave us a 24 hour freaking window to move out in, but I'm glad that I had the help I needed to get stuff done.  Rainbow bright is one heck of a trooper, as is G (stepson).  We started at 9:30am and we're done by 2am.  Even with movers getting the big furniture moved (the apartment management did that for us, THANK GOD) we still had so much CRAP to get moved.

I've set up both bathrooms, and so the place is beginning to get put together.  Once I finalize this post I shall move into my bedroom and get it as set up as possible before I've gotta get ready for work.  My hubby and G are downstairs moving boxes around, trying to find the kitchen.  I'm hoping that by the time I am off work Tuesday (my weekend begins!) I will be able to just do finishing touches and get shiz done.

***Minor rant regarding move - I was told, after enough bitching, that I had until Friday to be moved out.  That was a blessing, since we got the big crap moved out...but I'd not had the chance to clean out the apartment, and confirm all stuff had been moved.  So Thursday, having moved until the wee hours of that effing morning, I am at the old place cleaning up garbage/cleaning out fridge/being a nice tenant and not leaving a horrific mess.  What happens!?  Maintenance shows up and begins taking down cupboards in the kitchen.  They tell me not to worry about the mess, which contradicts what the landlord said about wanting me to clean up as much as I can.  So I'm tired, bitchy, and have people working on the old place a day before they were supposed to(as per what I was told).

BAH!

End rant***

Oh, and now that we're moved into our new place it seems that the world wasn't quite done making my head hurt.

This is a comment regarding the drama that happened earlier today...stupid car.  *GROWL*
The inside door handle on the drivers door broke off a little while back. We've been getting by because we can just roll down the window to open with the outside handle. The car won't pass safety though because, hello, we can't open the car door from the inside. 

My husband and I figured out that if we pop in a screw driver at just the right angle, the door OPENS from the inside. We then figured out how to get the screw driver to stay inside the hole that was the door handle, and therefore we have a "permanent" fix to the door handle situation.

My hubby, getting out of the car at the pizza place, must have pushed the screw driver in just a little bit too far...because when he came back to the car, pizza in hand (and my 7 year old standing by to get into the back seat), he goes and unlocks the door...and nothing. The car is unlocked, but the door won't open. WTF?!

Our car only has one place to put the key in, allowing it to be unlocked. Great, in theory...shitty when wanting to get in the dang car and having no other way to unlock the stupid thing.

He tried locking and unlocking multiple times, and my dad even went out to try his hand with a wire hanger...no luck. Car won't open. Door is laughing at us, as it is unlocked but refuses to budge.

Lock smith comes out, pops the lock on the passenger door, and we're home free. I go to open the drivers door, and the screw driver falls out...and my husband is able to open the door on the outside. *GRUMBLE*

No comments:

Post a Comment