Friday, February 14, 2014

"Organized" Chaos

So we've got yet another leak occurring in our apartment, and so the next few days are going to be a necessary evil.  I'm just not looking forward to it.  *sigh*

Ok, that's somewhat of a lie.  I love the idea of starting fresh & new in a new place, but the prospect of moving = FREAKING PACKING.

We live in a 2 bedroom apartment and our apartment management is going to have us move into another 2 bedroom apartment, one that has just had all the plumbing replaced with much better pipes.  We'll be one of the END units, which could potentially mean less noise for me to deal with when I'm sleeping.  I like this idea!

Downside, though, is that between my husband/kids/me - WE GOT LOTS OF SHIZZ!

So starting tomorrow, as I'm just too freaking wiped out today, I shall start packing up rooms.  Bathrooms can be packed up, aside from basic toiletries, because we will have to be moved out of our current apartment Tuesday.  Yeah, as in...I just learned that we need to move to another apartment (therefore allowing management the ability to gut and renovate our current place) YESTERDAY, the 13th, and we'll be moved into a new place by the 18th.

GOD GIVE ME STRENGTH!  I'll get off work Tuesday morning, 7am, and will immediately get home and start hauling things over.  It's only 3 doors (separate building, but 3 doors away from ours...50ish feet or so) away, so at least we don't need to rent a truck to move.  But that's a lot of back & forth stuff.

D has to work, can't get time off, so it will be up to me & friends to get this done.  Hopefully it only takes a few hours.  So far I've got 6 people SET to help, and potentially more.  If we work together, and fluidly, I think we could realistically be moved in 6 hours.  *fingers crossed*

Wish me luck.  Oh, and rest.   Because I'm sure gonna need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment