Thursday, March 13, 2014

Crying used to suck...

My husband can attest to this - I used to get teary eyed - full out crying at least 1 to 3 times a week.  Used to.  I've not had a moment of crying since I started taking my antidepressants.  I've watched things that elicit a strong emotional feeling inside of me, but no crying.  I've screwed up, hurt people's feelings, dealt with co-workers being dumbasses (raising my stress levels), missed out on doing things I've wanted to...things that would have provoked tears before.

I don't know.  I hated crying over "nothing" before, but now I wish I could cry.  I used to be able to fake it, eventually causing tears to fall.  But nothing.  It's freaking WEIRD!

But I don't feel lost, like I did when I first started taking the medication.  I feel like I'm back to my normal self, full of imperfections and goals...but the lack of crying has me focused on why the heck am I not such a sappy person any more!?

Who else complains about not crying?  I should feel great that I'm not such a sap, since I always got frustrated over the fact that I could cry almost on demand.  *sigh*  I don't know how I feel about it, really.  One part of me is glad I'm not a freaking boober any more.  The other part of me worries that I have lost a part of my personality, a part that made me more sensitive, because I can't seem to cry.

Just things to ponder.  RAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment