Friday, March 7, 2014

I'm grateful for...

On Facebook I've been participating in a Gratitude Journal thing, and it actually makes me think of things I'm grateful for.  I have, thus far, not repeated anything.  I appreciate the fact that this has caused me to think about all the things I do have, and not dwell on the things I wish I had.  This blog post is a few of the things I'm thankful for (some of which I've not posted about on facebook):

* A home that is clean.  It took a lot of work for me to get it to the point that it is, and so it's now just maintenance.  I am focused on not doing everything, so that my kids do their chores...but I could go through and clean every room (aside from the kids) and be done in 30 minutes.  That makes me happy!

* I notice the difference in my smile since I quit smoking.  Between the whitening trays (I've got 4 more to go!), flossing more, and no more cigarettes - I'm at least a solid 2 shades whiter than when I stopped smoking and started whitening.  I also, out of curiosity (and a strong craving for a cigarette), asked to take a drag off my husbands cigarette this morning.  Guess who was totally disgusted by the taste and returned it after one drag?  Some might say that was a failure in quitting, but I didn't smoke the cigarette!  And this E-cig that I've got (currently enjoying a Vanilla-Bourbon flavor) has completely ruined me on cigarettes.  LOVE IT!

* I am thankful that V is grasping math so much easier than I ever did.  He's also doing wonderfully in reading/comprehension.  His school has been such an amazing asset in helping him overcome the obstacles that could potentially be in his way, and the resources he has there are such amazing workers!

* I also love that V is such a loving kid.  Yes, he drives me insane sometimes.  But just this morning he, in the middle of eating his cereal, stopped all he was doing and popped onto the couch...landed a mooch and a hug, told me he loves me, and that he will do good in school so that I can be proud of him.  AWWWW...V...you don't have to pressure yourself to be perfect.  You're perfect just as you are.  <3

* G did an amazing job at his band concert last night.  I'm proud of him for sticking with the trumpet, especially since I thought it was going to just be a phase.  Yeah, I wish he'd actually bring the dang thing home to practice - but he is doing quite well in the class.  So I can't really complain.

* I am grateful for G and all he does to help me on the days I'm exhausted from work (I work graves in juvenile corrections).  He will make dinner for him and V, he will help V with homework, and just keeping V alive is a feat!  I'm glad that he steps up and helps me out, especially when his dad is working late.

* I am grateful for my husband being such a loving and caring husband and father.  He is facing unemployment, since his current project closes at the end of business today.  He's done so many interviews, and it looks promising for one of the projects he interviewed for.  But he doesn't have a confirmed start date yet.  So we're freaking out a bit, but he's not going down without a fight.  He is focused on taking care of our family, and I know he will successfully land another job in the next couple weeks if the current company doesn't place him somewhere soon.

* I am grateful that the water softner in our new apartment is so much quieter than the other unit.  You can barely tell it's being filled.  The dishwasher is also quite a bit quieter, too.

* I am grateful for "new" clothes that a good friend of mine gave me, which have helped boost my wardrobe into a cuter (and slightly more professional) area.  :-)

* I am grateful for my best friend, Rainbow Bright, for the spectacular help she provided in the move.  She works with me, she comes over and hangs out, helps me move, brings her kids and my kids love them, and just...I am so grateful for her friendship.  She is freaking fantastic!

I will work on typing more grateful for things, but I have homework to get working on.  :-)  Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment